We all know that person (or couple) who treats their dog like it’s their child. Who’s to blame them? A dog is 100% part of the family (and sometimes much easier to get along with than other members of the household). I come from a long line of “dog people.” My grandparents were never without a dog since they got married in the 1930s (they might have been the definition of “dog people”). My dad had his dog shipped to Germany with him when he moved there for three years in the 1970s. And I had dogs my whole life growing up, and am currently longing for one…my husband and I even have our names picked out (my dog would be called Ranger and his would be Bud Light – nicknamed Buddy). Whether you are a “dog person” or just gifting for one, this round-up is full of pooch-friendly gifts that will have both the parents and pups wagging their tails.
1. Collapsible Water Bowl: Inspired by true military buckets, this red cotton canvas collapsible dog water bowl is perfect for travel and hot days. Versatile, this durable accessory can be used for kibble or water and clipped on a leash.
2. Adjustable Dog Leash: Based in Brooklyn, NY, Found My Animal uses locally sourced materials and marine-grade rope to handcraft this dog leash that can withstand hundreds of pounds of pull. This adjustable leash can be worn multiple ways and solid brass carabiners add additional safety for pups big and small.
3. Link AKC Smart GPS Dog Collar: The LINK AKC smart collar is a sophisticated GPS smart collar designed for dog comfort, fit and fashion. It lets you track a lost dog with GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, & cellular monitor activity, log vet records, receive ambient temperature alerts, and much more.
4. Sling Dog Bag: This sling bag is a soft, easy option for carrying a canine. Made to be super comfortable with a soft, padded, extra-wide strap, this easy-wearing bag also features an adjustable snap-open buckle to ensure the perfect fit. You have to click on the link and see how cute it is with a pup inside!
5. Polka Dot Anorak Raincoat: I mean, have you ever seen anything cuter? This functional and fashionable raincoat comes in six sizes and even has a hood with a drawstring. Now dog owners might actually even look forward to rainy day walks with their pups.
6. Pooch Pouch: This leather Pooch Purse has an easy open zipper to store keys, coffee money, and allows for easy access to pet waste baggies. The back loops snap to any size leash and an extra bonus – it can be monogrammed. Also, here is a link to the baggies in various colors so they can match the pouch.
7. Dog People by Sandra Müller: What dog owner hasn’t done this? You anthropomorphize your four-legged friend, put thoughts and feelings into his or her head that he or she almost certainly doesn’t have, and basically turn your pet into a four-legged person. That is exactly how photographer Sandra Müller feels about her dog Maja–who inspired Dog People–the book that provides hilarious and creative photographic answers to the question: “What kind of person would this dog be?”
8. William Wegman: Being Human: William Wegman’s whimsical photographs of his Weimaraner dogs have been celebrated in the art world and enjoyed by pet lovers for nearly four decades. In this entirely new volume, renowned photography curator William A. Ewing presents more than 300 images from the artist’s personal archive, unearthing previously unseen gems alongside the iconic images that have made Wegman—along with dressed-up dogs Man Ray, Fay Ray, and others—beloved worldwide.
9. Raised Dog Bowl: This elevated dog feeder bowl set includes the wood base and two ceramic bowls. It can even be customized with the dog’s name, font style, and wood stain!
10. Custom Dog Treat Cutter: I am kind of obsessed with these personalized dog bone cookie cutters. I love that they can be personalized with the dog’s name!
11. Circo Dog Bed Basket: Made in the foot of the Himalayas in time-honored tradition by highly skilled Nepalese artisans, each piece is handcrafted and made of sustainable 100% pure new wool.
12. Furbo Dog Camera: Toss a treat and play a game of catch, or live stream monitor your pet day and night. It also has two-way chat and barking alert. A great gift for any dog owner. Add a fun and brightly colored cushion made of durable, organic, handmade from quality felt for an extra comfy bed.
13. Doormat: This darling doormat is a fun gift idea for dog parents who’ve just moved into a new home (or just a couple with a sense of humor). An added bonus, the wording can be customized for one or multiple dogs (dog / dogs) or to one or more owners (owner / owners).
14. Dog Parade Stationary Set: Connor’s Dog Parade stationery set features 12 ivory notecards, each hand-stamped with a gold dog-parade motif. This elegant selection includes coordinating envelopes hand-lined with striped tissue paper.
15. May Cause Good Behavior Treat Jar: Keep dog’s treats fresh and delicious for longer in this ED Ellen DeGeneres adorable ceramic doggie treat jar.
16. Haflinger Women’s Doggy Slippers: This indoor slipper features a boiled wool upper that’s naturally lightweight, soft, cuddly, and sturdy. A non-skid wool double-felt sole adds cushioning, while the latex arch support keeps you comfortable. One of the Haflinger Doggy slipper is adorned with the front of a dog, and the other is adorned with the back; put them together and you’ve got one adorable loungewear look. P.S. My mother-in-law has a cat version of these and she is totally obsessed with them!
17. Minimergency® Kit for Dogs: With 11 canine care essentials, the Minimergency® Kit for Dogs by Pinch Provisions will keep both puppy and parent feeling clean and cared for! Contents include two Rolls of waste bags, two hand cleaning towelettes, a collapsible water bowl, two dog ear wipes, two dog eye wipes, and two dog dental wipes.