If there is one thing people are serious about at 7 o’clock in the morning, it’s their coffee. For so many people, there is something about the ritual of making a cup of coffee that just seems to start the day off right. Whether you’re giving a gift to a coffee aficionado or someone who just needs their regular caffeine fix, this roundup of coffee must-haves and accessories is bound to percolate with any coffee lover on your list.
1. Iwaki Coffee Pot and Dripper Set: Imported from Japan, this beautiful coffee pot and dripper set is the epitome of beautiful design meeting function.
2. Brew: Better Coffee at Home: In this approachable guidebook, author and coffee expert Brian W. Jones demystifies specialty coffee’s complexities, teaches you how to buy the best beans and brewing equipment, offers in-depth primers for mastering various slow-coffee techniques (including pour over, French press and moka pot), and supplies you with dozens of recipes for invigorating coffee-based drinks and cocktails. Brew isn’t a book for coffee professionals, but rather an indispensable and accessible guide for any specialty-coffee lover who wants to make better coffee at home.
3. Electric Pour-over Kettle: Finally, an electric pour-over kettle that pours as good as it looks. Modern, minimal, and matte, this kettle will intimidate your other kitchenware with its good looks. You have complete control of temperature with a touch of a button as well as a HOLD mode which will maintain your desired temperature for 60 minutes.
4. Ceramic French Press: This french press is the cutest we’ve ever come across. The ceramic body holds its temperature throughout the brewing process, and keeps your coffee piping hot well after you’ve made it (so if you’ve got guests, you can brew the coffee first and don’t have to worry about it getting cold while you set out the rest of your spread!)
5. Cream and Sugar Set: This two-piece design combines to make one unit. The top holds sugar, and the bottom holds creamer. It is hand-made from non-porous Borosilicate glass and provides the perfect finishing touch to a cup of joe.
6. Parlor Coffee: Parlor Coffee was named the best coffee in New York by Food & Wine Magazine. What began as a pocket square-sized espresso bar in the back of a barbershop is today an emerging coffee roasting company in Brooklyn, New York. Their Prospect flavor carries the banner as Parlor’s signature blend. Distinctive floral and spiced notes are married to cocoa, grapefruit, and marzipan in a sweet, bright expression.
7. Coffee Bag Clip with Spoon: Streamline your kitchen with the multi-tasking Clip Clip Spoon. A clever device that’s two in one: a spoon to scoop and a clip to seal your coffee bag.
8. Blue Bottle Coffee Subscription: Share coffee month after month with a gift subscription to Blue Bottle Coffee—one of the San Francisco Bay Area’s hottest coffee companies. Roasted to order and shipped within 48 hours, they offer three months, six months or “create your own” gift subscription options with fresh beans delivered every other week.
9. Coffee Canister: This coffee bean canister features a BPA-free polymer lid that forms an airtight seal, keeping your coffee beans fresh and allowing them to retain their fullest flavor.
10. Chemex Classic Pour-over Glass Coffeemaker (3-cup): Chemex delivers the purest flavor experience. Made of non-porous Borosilicate glass which will not absorb odors or chemical residues. Chemex pour-over allows coffee to be covered and refrigerated for reheating without losing flavor. It is simple and easy to use with a timeless, elegant design.
11. Craft Coffee: A Manual: Named a top food & drink book of 2017 by The Food Network, Wired, Sprudge, and Booklist, this comprehensive but accessible handbook is for the average coffee lover who wants to make better coffee at home. Unlike other coffee books, this one focuses exclusively on coffee—not espresso—and explores multiple pour-over, immersion, and cold-brew techniques on 10 different devices.
12. Organic Bamboo Coffee Stir Stick: Many coffee enthusiasts prefer bamboo stirrers because it does not absorb or take away heat from your brewing coffee unlike metal spoons or stirrers do. They do not scratch your brewing glassware as well.
13. Humble Ceramics Coffee Dripper: A lovely way to start your day. This ceramic coffee dripper fits well over coffee mugs for the perfect brew. Made by hand in Los Angeles, each one is completely unique.
14. Milk Frother: The electric milk foam maker is perfect for making amazing cappuccino, latte, macchiato, milkshake and other coffee recipes. You will have flawlessly frothed milk in about 20 seconds, it’s as simple as that.
15. Manual Coffee Grinder: Built-in adjustable grind selector with over 18 click settings ensures you have 100% precision control over the coarseness of your coffee grounds. Whether it’s before work or traveling away from home, it’s small and compact design allows you to grind coffee wherever life may take you.
16. Minipresso NS Travel Mug: Minipresso NS uses NS Capsules to prepare espresso. Minipresso NS is a great choice to quickly enjoy a delicious espresso at home, in the office, and on the go.
17. Portable Cold Brewer Pour Over Coffee Mug: The only cold brew and pour over on-the-go coffee bottle available, this cold brew coffee boasts a less bitter taste than regular iced coffee and twice the caffeine concentration of a regular cup of coffee. It brews a 12oz. Coffee (cold or hot) directly in the bottle, and has a removable filter to brew your preferred strength.
18. Double Coffee Measuring Spoon: A double shot of coffee scoops offers the options of mild or strong, regular or espresso—even tea—in 1 or 2 tablespoon measures. Its slim design fits easily into canisters.