I love the sun and beach (I am a true California girl through and through). There is nothing like the sound of the waves, the feel of the sand between your toes, the smell of the ocean. The beach has and will always be my happy place, and I know I am not alone. It is a mecca for millions of people each year. Whether you’re gifting for a beach lover, a summer birthday or someone headed off on a sandy vacation, this gift guide offers loads of ideas for anyone with the sun in their future.
1. Beaches by Gray Malin: Gray Malin is the artist of the moment for the Hollywood and fashion elite. His awe-inspiring aerial photographs of beaches around the world are shot from doorless helicopters, creating playful and stunning celebrations of light, shape, and perspective, as well as summer bliss. His work forges the synergy between wanderlust and adventure, creating the ultimate visual escape.
2. Black and White Stripe Beach Umbrella: I own this umbrella and totally love it! I feel like I’m on vacation every time I use it. Plus, the fabric is UPF 50+ so I know my family is well protected (all while feeling very glamorous).
3. Lip Print Swim Trunks: Luscious red lips blow kisses to all the beachgoers. I mean, who doesn’t love a man in a pair of short swim trunks.
4. Jack Rogers Jelly Flip Flop: It is always a challenge to find the perfect flip flop that can also get wet. These darling sandals are “jellies” which make going from surf to sand or pool to lounge an easy and stylish transition.
5. Pom Pom Beach Bag: Make every day feel like a beach day. In striped, woven raffia with playful pom pom detailing, this breezy-chic shopper from mar Y sol makes for a great getaway bag. Handmade in Madagascar using sustainable materials.
6. After Sun Skin Soothing Aloe Mist: A soothing spray that uses an all-natural, vegan-friendly formula of aloe, cooling mint, lavender and witch hazel to provide instant relief to hot, sun-exposed skin.
7. Beach House Key Ring: The perfect hostess gift when visiting your friend’s beach house.
8. Wet Stuff Pouch: A pouch for wet bathing suits is always a must but also an overlooked accessory. It saves you at that moment when you’ve taken off your swimsuit and suddenly realized, ugh – where am I going to put this without getting everything else in my bag wet?
9. Retro Classic Portable AM/FM Radio: Plug it in when hanging out around at the beach house or throw in some batteries and take this radio anywhere. It’s super cute and also has an AUX input.
10. Striped Orange Beach Towel: This handwoven towel is big enough for a day at the beach, absorbent enough for bath time and beautiful enough to throw on the couch. Each purchase empowers the artisans of Woven Promises in Ethiopia.
11. Wide Brim Packable Sun Hat: Look stylish while keeping those harmful rays off your face. Packable and rated UPF 50+ for maximum sun protection, this hat is perfect for a day at the beach or on a sun-and-sand filled vacation.
12. Zarace Beach Wrap: Beach, wrap, repeat. The Zarace Wrap is the perfect chic staple for summer. It’s a lightweight linen and can be worn as a sarong or used as a beach blanket.
13. Sea, Surf, and Fun Scarf: Hermes silk twill scarf (100% silk) comes in nine colors and adds a little beach luxury even away from the sand.
14. Black and White Stripe Cooler Bag: This soft cooler has dual personalities. Use it to carry chilled food and drink, or as a regular tote bag. There is an outside pocket for other odds and ends.
15. MIRA Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle: This sleek and rugged sports water bottle is made from high-quality stainless steel that will not break. Plus, it keeps cold drinks chilled up to 24 hours which is perfect on a hot day at the beach.
16. The New York Times Explorer: Beaches, Islands, & Coasts: Whether it’s a languid day on the postcard-perfect bays of the Maldives, a swim to the tiny monastery island in Italy’s Lago d’Orta, or a chocolate tour of the Caribbean, dive in and share the discoveries of Beaches, Islands, & Coasts. Part of TASCHEN’s Explorer series with The New York Times, this book tells the stories of 25 dream trips for curious minds, where the water is always only a pebble’s throw away.
17. La Roche-Posay SPF 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk with Antioxidants: There is no product more important for the beach than a good sunscreen. This broad spectrum SPF 60 body and face sunscreen is fast absorbing with a velvety finish. Formulated with Cell-Ox Shield antioxidant technology, it is suitable for sensitive skin.
What other beach products do you love to use and / or gift?