Are you headed to a BBQ and need a hostess gift? Does your husband, dad or father-in-law love to grill and their birthday is coming up? In need of some BBQ gift ideas for him? Then look no further. This gift guide is full of unique and useful pieces that will have any grill master or novice excited to get the coals going and cook up some mean barbecue.
1. Portable Gas Grill: The Cuisinart Venture portable grill has the features of a large grill, like a porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grate, and a twist start ignition. It even has a solid wood top that provides a flat surface for food prep and serving.It’s lightweight and easy to carry, and the stack-and-go design keeps them together when bringing it to your destination.
2. Waxed Canvas Apron: Expertly crafted in Chicago using premium waxed canvas milled in North America, these aprons are the benchmark for utility and style. With free repairs guaranteed for life, they’re designed for a variety of uses, with a custom adjustable neck strap paired with a chest pocket. Handmade in Chicago, USA. Monogramming available.
3. Smoking Chips Sampler Pack (Set of 3): Plain coals are old news—add some wood smoking chips to your grill (or your smoker) and enjoy that deep, smoky flavor you thought you’d only get at those BBQ joints that cook their meats low-n-slow for hours. All of Wildwood’s smoking chips are sourced and made in the United States and are free of chemicals and additives.
4. Flying Colors Laguiole Steak Knife Set: If you are looking to gift a set of steak knives that looks expensive and has great reviews, but doesn’t break the bank? Look no further. This set of six steak knives comes beautifully packaged in a gift box for easy giving.
5. Meat Shredder Claws: A longtime favorite of BBQ experts across the nation, Bear Paws are specially designed for lifting and shredding meat. Channel your inner grizzly with the only meat shredding tool that fits your hands perfectly, acting like an extension of your arms and allowing you to shred meat without getting burned or melting your tools.
6. Pig Tail Irons: This may be your new favorite new grilling tool and the only tool you need for your next barbecue! The sharp spiral snare at the end of Pigtail’s tapered stainless steel shaft is cleverly designed to lightly pierce the edge of virtually any solid food. A quick flip of the wrist and the food is turned over. Pigtail can handle almost anything from an 8 lb. rack of ribs to hot dogs, steaks, chicken, bacon, French toast, shrimp, vegetables – you name it! The 19 inch Pigtail is great for tailgating, but it is equally as versatile in the kitchen. The 12-inch Pig Tail is a wizard at stovetop sauteing – griddle work – even in a wok! This set of two PigTails comes in a great looking solid wood gift box with brass fittings.
7. Joule Sous Vide: This may not a BBQ item, but it is a must-have item for anyone who loves cooking meat. Achieve the perfect medium-rare steak every time with the world’s smallest and smartest sous vide (pronounced sue veed). Joule is an immersion circulator designed to precisely heat and circulate water to cook food perfectly and evenly, giving you the power to cook like a pro in your own kitchen.
8. Monogrammed Steak Brand: Backyard chefs who take pride in their grilling can now sear their own initials into steaks and chops using this iron brand that’s hand forged by a Texas cattle rancher. It adds a fun and unique personal touch to grilled meats and includes a wall-mounting storage rack. Choose single, double or triple initials.
9. Cedar Grilling Wraps: Wrap grilling infuses smoky flavor into your favorite foods and meats while keeping it moist and juicy. Wraps are also great for vegetables, like asparagus, broccolini, and carrots.
10. Salami Bouquet: This might not be a barbeque item per see, but any meat lover will love this gift. Forget a bouquet of flowers—the way to our hearts (and stomachs) is this “bouquet” of incredibly delicious gourmet salami, delivered straight to a loved one’s door all wrapped up in a festive, ribbon-tied arrangement. Choose from a three- or six-sausage arrangement—though we’d bet neither will last long.
11. Thai Style Charcoal: Why not try something different? This charcoal is a long burning, clean and natural alternative to commercial charcoal briquettes. It is made sustainably from orchard grown rambutan fruit wood, which imparts a very mild flavor, letting your grilled food speak for itself. Thaan Charcoal’s consistent, even heat is easy to cook with and is great for any style of solid fuel cooking: grilling, BBQing, indirect cooking and particularly good where binchotan charcoal is traditionally used.
12. BBQ Sauce: Highly addictive, this sauce is not just for barbecue, and can be used in place of ketchup for fries and burgers, or as a tasty sauce or dip for all kinds of meat or vegetables. Pair it with our next item (13), and you’ve got a perfect gift set.
13. Sauce Pot and Basting Brush Set: The Cuisinart sauce pot and basting brush are a necessity for the serious barbecue chef. The heat-safe silicone basting brush is designed to apply sauce evenly with no clumping, which helps develop uniform deliciousness in every bite. Just don’t forget the BBQ sauce (see item 12 above).
14. Salt Block Cooking: 70 Recipes for Grilling, Chilling, Searing, and Serving on Himalayan Salt Blocks By Mark Bitterman: This is the original book to focus on salt block cooking with 70 recipes designed for using this unique cooking tool. Mark Bitterman is the foremost salt expert and “knows more about salt than anyone else on the planet.” ––Steven Raichlen, author of the Barbecue! Bible series and host of Primal Grill on PBS. Complete the gift with a salt block (see below).
15. Pure Himalayan Salt Block: Made from 100% Pure Himalayan Salt boulder mined from the Himalayas; comes with stainless steel plate holder for added convenience. Himalayan salt blocks are regarded as one of the best cooking and serving surfaces available in the market; providing a lightly salted flavor to the food without being overbearing.
16. Meat Thermometer: This highly rated versatile meat thermometer has a 5 second instant response time thanks to its high precision temperature sensor, and ensures you can grill steaks to your perfect doneness knowing it won’t be undercooked or burnt.
17. BBQ S’More Maker: This might be genius. It’s a BBQ s’more maker. It can also be used in the oven. It makes six s’mores in 5 minutes and is the perfect addition to any backyard BBQ party. Just don’t forget to bring the ingredients… (or click here for fancier fixings).
18. Vegetable Basket: Barbecuing is not just about the meat. Add chopped veggies to this vegetable basket and place it on the grill alongside the main entrée. It makes grilling delicate or small foods easy.
19. Grillight Tools: Outdoor grilling may be a daytime pursuit, but let’s be real—the party rarely stops with sundown. Now the grilling doesn’t have to either—these magical tools make sure of that, with built-in little (daylight-tinted!) LEDs that shed light on whatever you’re cooking up, you charcoal jockey, you. Get flipping with a spatula, gripping with tongs, and brushing with…uh, a brush, even when the sun isn’t cooperating.
20. Natural BBQ Grill Scraper: The Great Scrape 20” Woody Paddle is the ultimate in grill accessories. It gives you a longer reach for cleaning grill grates after cooking and helps protect hands and fingers from the heat. It is made of solid hardwood Red Oak and Beech woods coated with all natural, non-toxic, food safe mineral oil commonly used to condition wooden butcher blocks.