We all know that sun-loving, bathing suit wearing, popsicle eating summer lover. It might even be you… I mean, who doesn’t cherish warm nights, beach days and the extra hours of sunlight? (I know I do.) So perhaps that is why I am so excited about our guide this week: Top Gifts to Give This Summer. After scouring the internet, I have been dying to share all of the fun and unique gift ideas I’ve found for you. Some of the items I’ve shared in previous posts (and had to share again because I am totally obsessed with them), but most of the gifts we haven’t presented before.
So whether you’re gifting for a summer birthday (ahem, me again), looking for a hostess gift for a summer dinner party, or just perusing for something for yourself, this list of summer fun essentials is sure to please.
2018 Favorite Summer Gift Ideas
1. Coqui Coqui Parfum: This perfume smells like a tropical summer: seductive frangipani (plumeria), with a touch of luxurious jasmine. Yum.
2. Striped Beach Umbrella: I shared this beach umbrella in our Beach Lover’s Gift Guide and I am sharing it again because our family loves it so much. I am crazy about sun protection for me and my fam. Not only is this umbrella’s fabric UPF 50+, it’s also just so pretty! I feel like I’m on vacation every time I use it. I recommend buying one for yourself and one for any beach lover on your list. It also makes a great family gift!
3. Watermelon Tap Kit: My husband saw me searching for ideas for this post and when he caught a glimpse of this watermelon tap, he insisted we get one. A great gift for a backyard barbecue… just don’t forget the watermelon.
4. Packable Straw Panama Hat: I shared this packable straw Panama hat in our Jet Setting Gal Gift Guide, but thought it for sure needed to be included in the Summer Favorites Gift Guide as well since it’s so ideal for any summer vacation. It’s always a challenge to find that perfect hat that you can also throw in a suitcase. This hat was created with incredibly durable fiber at its core. You can roll and pack it for up to 3 days and it will return to its original condition. Plus, it’s so cute!
5. Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler: This is the perfect summer accessory, no matter what your interests are. The YETI Roadie is BYOB’s new best friend with a capacity of up to 14 cans. Great for a small summer BBQ, picnic, road trip, camping, tailgating, beach time or poolside fun, you really can’t go wrong with this great little cooler.
6. BBQ S’More Maker: This BBQ s’more maker might be genius. I am so obsessed with it (I shared it in our BBQ Gift Guide), that it had to be included in my Summer Favorite’s guide as well. It can be used on the barbecue or in the oven. It makes six s’mores in 5 minutes and is a fun addition to any backyard BBQ party. Just don’t forget to the ingredients… (or click here for fancier fixings).
7. Goa Salad Servers: Another item to make it from a previous guide onto the Summer Favorites list, are these out-of-control beautiful salad servers. I mean, I had no idea I could actually fall so hard for a utensil, but it’s happened. Aren’t they so pretty?! And they are handcrafted in Portugal by a family-owned business. Love!
8. Sakara Watermelon Jerky: A sweet, clean treat made with 100% real watermelon and nothing else. I have not had the chance to try these yet but I am so intrigued! I mean, it’s watermelon jerky! Such a perfect poolside snack. And the pretty packaging makes me want to try it even more.
9. Zoku Quick Pop Maker: Summer and popsicles go together like peanut butter and jelly. Give the gift of a summertime classic with this fun popsicle maker. Create your own customized frozen pops, including cream-filled varieties, in as little as 7 minutes (which is probably the maximum amount of time most kids could wait to get their hands on their frozen treat).
10. Portable Wine Glass: This is a portable, stemless wine glass with a silicone sleeve and a drink-through lid. Think of it as the wine version of a to-go coffee travel mug. It holds 17oz of your favorite beverage (ours happens to be wine). It’s a great hostess gift and perfect for picnics, block parties or sipping poolside.
11. Citrus Press: Nothing says summer like fresh squeezed lemonade. This commercial grade press makes juicing oranges, grapefruits, limes, and lemons fast and easy. Think of how yummy those margaritas would be with freshly squeezed juice made with one of these. Included in our Mexico Gift Guide, this high rated item needed to be on our Summer Favorites list as well.
12. The Fiesta Float: This darling Otomi pool float makes me want to never leave the pool. Whether giving a hostess gift at a pool party or if you’re just planning to float around all day yourself, this inflatable ring will make any pool day a fiesta.
13. Monogrammed Straw Tote: A monogrammed hand painted straw beach bag – yes, please! It comes in 2 sizes and 8 different color combinations.
14. Hammock with Crochet Fringe: There is nothing better than taking in a summer afternoon on a swaying hammock. Designed for optimal comfort and enviable relaxation, this beautiful hammock is from Brazil’s Hammock Artisans of Ceará (an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic).
15. Yellow Beach Tent: How darling is this beach tent? It’s the perfect gift for a beach lover. Plus, it’s UPF 50 and is backed by a vintage yellow block-out coating on the underside to reduce glare and bouncing UV rays. Ideal for anyone who loves the sun but occasionally needs a shady break.
16. Las Bayadas Beach Blanket: This classic blue and white beach blanket (with cute tassels) is a summer essential. Made in Mexico, using the softest traditional Mexican fabrics, this beach blanket is light, extra large and made to last. 10% of the profits of each beach towel sold go to the Costa Verde International School, to support a scholarship program for its local “green” Mexican students.
17. Mon Oncle Portable Barbecue: This retro-style portable grill looks for all the world like something out of 1950s cinema. Modeled after an old-school briefcase, right down to the leather-trimmed straps – it offers easy carrying in style.
18. Sling Chair: The Classic Sling chair restyled in Business & Pleasure Co’s stunning fringe and scalloped valance. This sling adds comfort and style to any porch or beach set up and still remains compact (when folded), easy to set up and pack down.
19. Vinglace Wine Chiller: This awesome wine chiller is portable, holds nearly any bottle size, and keeps wine chilled for hours. It’s a marvelous gift idea for any wine lover.
20. Summer Water: The label says it all. The ideal wine for summer, this Rose is perfect for warm weather. It’s perfectly crisp, lighthearted and destined for a good time.
21. Boules Game Set: Boules, Bocce, Yard Bowl – this ball set is a fun lawn game at any summer party. It comes in a beautiful carrying case and at such a great price point, makes the perfect hostess gift.
22. Monogrammed Clutch: Made from heavyweight canvas, this cute little monogrammed bag can be used for both a night out after a day on the beach or as a catchall for important essentials in your beach tote. It also makes a darling make-up bag as well.
23. Crosley Nomad Portable USB Turntable: Coming later this summer on our College Gift Guide, this portable record player needed to be included in our Summer Favorites. With a vintage briefcase style design, this Nomad USB Portable Turntable can easily take music anywhere. This 3-speed portable player features built-in stereo speakers, auxiliary input, headphone jack and RCA outputs. The Nomad is also USB enabled to record vinyl to digital files.
What are some of your favorite summer gifts and items?