With summer almost over and the school year just around the corner, you probably know someone headed off to college (a.k.a. four – sometimes five – years of fun). Whether it’s a going away present, a care package during the year, or a high school graduation gift, this round-up is full of fun and unique college gift ideas that any guy is sure to love.
1. Ohio Pennants: Add some immediate coolness to a college dorm wall with these pennants. If you’re not from Ohio (or going to school there), then you’ll want to check out these other super rad pennants. Having one from your hometown or state will be a nice reminder of home. They even make custom pennants if you don’t find one that’s right for your recipient.
2. Crosley Nomad Portable USB Turntable: Take a musical journey anywhere with the Nomad USB Portable Turntable. With a vintage briefcase style design, easily take music anywhere. This 3-speed portable turntable features built-in stereo speakers, auxiliary input, headphone jack and RCA outputs. The Nomad is also USB enabled to record vinyl to digital files. Simply plug in the USB cable, play the record and watch as the Nomad creates digital files on any computer with the supplied software.
3. The Hungover Cookbook: Everything you need to know to assess, understand, and improve a hangover is here. Plus there is even a quiz at the start of the book to help you decide which recipe to make. I wish all cookbooks included that! Sometimes there are just too many choices – especially when you’re hurting in the morning.
5. Shower Beer Holder: Oh, yes. It’s true. This is a shower beer holder and I can promise you that even my husband wants one. A cold beer during a shower is a custom my husband picked up in college and still likes do from time to time. So whether or not a guy is still in college or has graduated from Pabst Blue Ribbon to a more sophisticated beer, savoring a brewski in the shower is equally as amazing.
6. Stanford Needlepoint Sunglass Strap: This needlepoint sunglass straps pairs Italian leather with Smathers & Branson’s signature 100% hand-stitched needlepoint to create the most stylish and functional sunglass straps on the market. And if you’re looking for another school, no problem. Just click here to check out more options…
7. Bedside Essentials Pocket: A dorm room must! Keep your bedside or couch-cuddling essentials handy with this convenient felt pouch. Slide the sturdy flap between your mattress and foundation or under your couch cushion, and the soft, open pocket holds everything from books to remote controls. The heather gray felt complements any decor. Choose from either small or large.
8. Tabletop Cornhole: Cornhole is a college staple but not everyone has ample outdoor space to play the full sized game. But now – the backyard staple gets a tabletop treatment in this wooden cornhole game. Featuring striped detail and a sturdy tabletop-friendly silhouette, this handmade piece is a perfect pastime in a dorm or at the lake house.
9. College Sports Tickets: Give the gift of school spirit and a memorable evening with tickets to a college game. Whether it’s basketball, football, baseball, tennis or one of the other fantastic sports out there, a pair of tickets (or even season tickets) is sure to be a fun and unique gift.
10. Ten Foot Charging Cable: An extra long charging cable is a must (not just for college students). Native Union’s Night Cable’s extended 10-foot range gives you more freedom to comfortably charge anywhere. No more straining to use your device when it’s recharging. Its weighted knot can be anchored to any flat surface, so it’s always there when you need it next. No more fumbling around for dropped cables.
11. Portable Tabletop Tennis Set: A portable, retractable net, adjustable paddles, and two ping-pong balls comes in a drawstring pouch for easy travel and storage. Net expands up to six feet.
12. Ohio 1942 Crewneck: Warm up your throat for the Buckeye Battle Cry, and pay homage to the early glory days with this super-soft classic crewneck made with a combination blend of thread ensuring a comfortable fit, featuring the original 1942 script.
13. Dollar Shave Club Subscription: Give the gift that keeps on shaving. They’ll get a Gift Set and then a monthly box of fresh razors for up to 12 months. Each month, they’ll be reminded that you give the best gifts.
14. Pencil Case: This simple pencil case has enough room on the inside to store a number of pens and pencils, and also has an interior and exterior pocket for extra storage. Comes in six cool colors.
15. Hamilton Beach Breakfast Electric Sandwich Maker: It’s all about making a fresh breakfast sandwich you can grab and go. Just choose your bread and layer on the fixings: egg, cheese, precooked meat, or the ingredients of your choice. In five minutes or less, your perfectly assembled breakfast sandwich is ready to eat.
16. Duke vs. Everybody T-Shirt: Sometimes it’s not just your rival that’s your only rival. It’s your college against the world. Didn’t go to Duke? Not a problem. Click here for other colleges vs. everybody…
17. University of Oregon Golf Ball Marker: Whether they are still in college or are an alumn, this U of O golf ball marker is sure to be a hit with any Duck golf enthusiasts. Extra bonus: it can be personalized.
18. Victorinox Swiss Army SwissChamp Pocket Knife: Features 33 functions to equip a college student for everyday adventures – including scissors, bottle opener with large screwdriver, pliers, and corkscrew. This multitasker will quickly become an essential and handy helper.
19. Bluetooth Headphones: Bluetooth connectivity, HD quality sound, 50+ hours of battery life, and they can be used for calls or music. In short, an awesome set of headphones!
20. Roku Premiere: Get powerful streaming performance and stunning 4K* resolution at an amazing value. Roku Premiere is for HD & 4K Ultra HD TVs. It comes with a fast quad-core processor for ultra-smooth streaming, brilliant 4K picture quality, and access to 500,000+ movie and TV episodes across 5,000+ paid or free channels.
21. CAL Berkeley Needlepoint Belt: This iconic needlepoint belt, as elegant as it is casual and fun, is the perfect accessory to help stand apart from the crowd. This hand-stitched traditional belt is 1.25″ in width and is finished with full grain, chestnut colored leather and a solid brass buckle. Each belt is elegantly packaged in a handmade wooden gift box. Oh, and if you’re looking for belts from other colleges, click here.