There is something so special about waking up on Christmas morning and seeing the stockings in front of the fireplace filled to the brim with gifts. All of the work leading up to that point, however, always seems mega stressful. Is it just me or does getting Christmas stocking stuffers together feel overwhelming (and crazy expensive)? Additionally, a lot of the little things that go in stockings tend to be throwaway items, particularly when it comes to kids. Cheap plastic toys that end up forgotten and eventually in the landfill. This year when looking at stocking stuffer gift ideas, consider that less might be more. That giving something useful or consumable is always a good idea. That giving items that will be used, kept and loved are more important than having a ton of stuff.
I have seen families do all toiletries in their stockings (soap, toothpaste, shaving cream) – all things that people use and need a restock of. I have seen other families do all consumable items (chocolates, oranges, jams, chutneys). In my family growing up, it was always an assortment of things (books, jewelry, candles, lotions, luggage tags). My children are young and we are still coming up with our family traditions. In general, we try not to buy plastic gifts. We try and apply that rule to our own stocking stuffing purchases as well. This year, however, we were handed down a set of previously loved (used) Duplos (think larger plastic lego-like blocks). We’re thinking of completely filling the boys’ stockings with them. I like the idea of reusing toys that family friends have grown out of. I think it’s also fun to fill stockings to the top with one item (think wood blocks, golf balls, clementines etc).
In my research on stocking stuffers this year, I came up with a round-up of 100+ Stocking Stuffers and Gift Ideas Under $12 for everyone on your list. With ideas under $12, this is also a great place to start when looking for coworker and Secret Santa gifts.
Additionally, I’ve tried to include a number of items that do some extra good in the world (eco-friendly, zero waste, Fair Trade, usable, consumable, sustainable, plastic-free, made in the USA etc). Not everything on the list falls into that category, but I think there are a lot of wonderful gifts out there that everyone and anyone will love that are also thoughtful in the greater scheme of things. So whether you’re buying for your partner, children, in-laws, nieces or nephews, this lineup of stocking stuffer ideas is sure to make shopping stress-free and add some extra joy on Christmas morning.
Stocking Stuffers | For Anyone
1. Coffee Scoop with Clip / 2. Mirror Cube Puzzle / 3. Music Playing Cards / 4. Teabox Tea Infuser / 5. Toaster Tongs / 6. Basil Seeds. Lettuce Seeds. Carrot Seeds. / 7. Reusable Bee’s Wrap Sandwich Wrap* / 8. Headphone Splitter / 9. Desktop Cord Clips / 10. “Nothing is Worth More Than This Day” Book / 11. Peppermint Hot Cocoa on a Stick / 12. Davids Natural Toothpaste* / 13. Anywhere Travel Guide / 14. Vacu Vin Wine Saver / 15. Cell Phone Stand / 16. Insulated Wine Glass Tumbler / 17. Natural Bamboo Toothbrush* / 18. Gingerbread Cookie Cutter / 19. Taza Chocolate* / 20. All Purpose First Aid Kit / 21. Bombas Socks* / 22. LifeStraw / 23. Noise Canceling Headphones / 24. Reusable Produce Bags* / 25. Car Emergency Escape Multi-Tool
Stocking Stuffers | For Her
1. Hoop Earrings / 2. Dandelion Chocolate / 3. Classic Notebook / 4. Coffee Scoop / 5. elizabethW Fizz Ball / 6. Bath Salt + Lip Balm Duo* / 7. Mario Badescu Facial Spray / 8. Rosewood Handle Corkscrew / 9. Bigelow Rose Salve Lip Balm* / 10. essie Nail Polish / 11. Lululemon Headband / 12. The Iceland Mask Sheet Set / 13. Kai Hand Cream / 14. Bandana / 15. BAGGU Reusable Foldable Bag* / 16. Beaded Drop-Hoop Earrings / 17. Flower Arranging Pin Frog / 18. Bamboo Cutlery Set* / 19. Knit Beanie / 20. Double Pom Pom Keychain* / 21. Ceramic Cheese Markers / 22. Gardening Gloves / 23. Tortoise Hair Clip / 24. Beeswax Candles*
Stocking Stuffers | For Him
1. Ritual Chocolate* / 2. Mechanic’s Soap* / 3. Recycled Cotton Socks* / 4. Zippo Chrome Lighter / 5. Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist / 6. REI Multi-Towel* / 7. Magnetic Wristband / 8. Sailcloth Slim Wallet* / 9. Universal Socket Tool / 10. Gourmet Fish Conserva: Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil* / 11. Bushwick Kitchen Weak Knees Gochujang Sriracha* / 12. YETI Bottle Key Opener / 13. Sphere Ice Molds / 14. Field Guide Bandada / 15. Harissa Chili Paste* / 16. Brass Bullet Pen / 17. Travel Cubes / 18. Carabiner
Stocking Stuffers | For Kids + Teens
1. Watermelon Bike Bell / 2. 80 Colored Pencils Set* / 3. Wireless Bluetooth Speaker / 4. Theo Chocolate Big Daddy Marshmallow 3-Pack* / 5. Teen Guitar Socks / 6. LED Cactus Light / 7. Slouchy Teen Beanie / 8. Bamboo Travel Utensils / 9. iPhone Charger Sticker Faces Set / 10. Random Acts of Kindness Kit / 11. Avocado Soap / 12. Selfie Phone Camera Light / 13. Drumstick Pens / 14. Holiday Cookie Cutters with Cookbook* / 15. Mini Unicorn 3D Model Kit / 16. Mudcloth Journal* / 17. Dino Memo Holder / 18. Invisibobble Hair Tie
Stocking Stuffers | For Babies + Toddlers
1. Wooden Lacing Apple / 2. Bamboo Fork + Spoon Set* / 3. Eco-Dough Play Dough* / 4. Animal Wood Teether Set / 5. Green Toys Race Car* / 6. Eco-Crayon Sticks* / 7. Skip Hop Hedgehog Rattle / 8. Banana Training Toothbrush Teether / 9. Wooden Camera / 10. Numbers, Colors, Shapes Book / 11. Stacking Cups* / 12. Textured Ball Set / 13. Giraffe Pull Toy* / 14. Baby Fruitsicle Frozen Popsicle Tray / 15. First 100 Words Book / 16. Skip Hop Moon Rattle / 17. Fox Teething Toy*
*Gifts that do some extra good in the world (eco-friendly, zero waste, Fair Trade, usable, consumable, sustainable, plastic-free, or made in the USA).